Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Is HAPY for the Happy Few?

I enjoyed Professor Snowball’s article on the new Harbor ETF, trading symbol HAPY. While I like rarefied company in the abstract, it appears that no one, or no traders at least, is showing the fund any respect. A grand total of 3 shares traded today. Professor Airley puts forth a sound investment thesis. I hope others recover from their depression and buy some HAPY.

Comments

• Those who bought this fund at inception are not very HAPY, being down 4.9% whereas SPY is down only 1.44% for the same time.
  • edited May 2022
    BenWP said:

A grand total of 3 shares traded today.

How happy is the little Stone
    That rambles in the Road alone …”
    E.D.

Yep. Own some like that. Usually not a good sign …

• @hank- Thanks for the warning...
    :)
  • edited May 2022
    GLDB trades little and at $4 Ml AUM I don’t know how they keep it open. My tracker this morning is showing it down 100% for the day. Not sure what to make of that … :)
  • ISTM that if Airley’s hedge fund performance, including top holdings over a decent period of time, could provide a rationale for buying into the new strategy. I don’t pay any attention to hedge funds, so I have no idea what level of disclosure they provide.
  • Better luck with Smile Happy, Kentucky Derby ?!
  • Is that a horse, @Derf?

HAPY traded 3.1K shares today, having been roused by the big machers at MFO.
  • edited May 2022
    @BenWP : Post #5, 20 to 1 Plus Happy Jack Post #2 , 30 to 1 If either come in you'll be HAPPY
  • BenWP said:

Is that a horse, @Derf?

HAPY traded 3.1K shares today, having been roused by the big machers at MFO.

You mean we have the power to move markets? OMG!

• I have a lot to learn, @Derf. The Sport of Kings is aptly named.
  • An 80-1 shot wins; is there any kind of a lesson to be learned?
  • @ BenWP : Had there not been a scratch, the horse that won , wouldn't have been on the track Sat..