Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The 10 stock and bond funds with the biggest Russia exposure

edited March 2022 in Fund Discussions
LISTS (10 Bond Funds / 10 Stock Funds)

Comments

• Among the fund families, Capital Group (American Funds) had/has most Russia exposure.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/us-investment-manager-capital-group-was-among-top-exposed-russia-data-2022-03-02/
    "NEW YORK, March 2 (Reuters) - Capital Group Companies Inc, one of the world's largest investment management companies, known for its American Funds mutual funds, had billions in exposure to Russian companies that have been either sanctioned or curbed by the United States over Russia's invasion of Ukraine, according to the latest data on the fund's website.....The Los Angeles-based firm, which has over $2.4 trillion in assets under management, according to its website, had $4.55 billion in exposure across its American Funds franchise to Gazprom , Sberbank (SBMX.MM), Alrosa (ALRS.MM) and Sovkomflot (FLOT.MM) as of Dec 31.....Separate data from research firm Morningstar, analyzed by Reuters, showed that Capital Group had at least $8.19 billion in exposure to Russia in its equity and fixed income funds according to latest available data. The data was on the top 100 open-end funds and ETFs worldwide....."
  • edited March 2022
    Interesting that GMO has (or had) 2 equity funds with north of 10% in Russia.

Also, PRELX (TRP) is listed with a 6.1% weighting in Russia among bond funds, but has held up substantially better this year than Price’s normally tamer (hedged) EM bond fund, PREMX.
    PRELX was down 5% YTD as of yesterday, while PREMX was down nearly 10%. if you’re holding some of TRP’s allocation funds, particularly RPSIX, you’re likely absorbing some of the hit.

Ouch! - any way you cut it.

I’m going to write today off as a miserably waste! Aside from a modest hold in TAIL and some p/m miners not much is jumping, leaping - or even crawling forward.:)
  • Hi @hank et al
    This list again..............Global ETF list, active
  • edited March 2022
    Catch22 - Re: This list again …”

“Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand; instead of a million count half a dozen, and keep your accounts on your thumbnail.”

Henry David Thoreau

Just kidding. Thanks for the list.:)
  • @catch22. @hank. Glad for that list.
  • hank said:

Interesting that GMO has (or had) 2 equity funds with north of 10% in Russia.

Also, PRELX (TRP) is listed with a 6.1% weighting in Russia among bond funds, but has held up substantially better this year than Price’s normally tamer (hedged) EM bond fund, PREMX.
    PRELX was down 5% YTD as of yesterday, while PREMX was down nearly 10%. if you’re holding some of TRP’s allocation funds, particularly RPSIX, you’re likely absorbing some of the hit.

Ouch! - any way you cut it.

I’m going to write today off as a miserably waste! Aside from a modest hold in TAIL and some p/m miners not much is jumping, leaping - or even crawling forward.:)

I've lately pared back much of my RPSIX. Preserving profit. The fund is down to 11.09% of my total right now.
  • I have done the same, @Crash.
  • Oil is jumping.