Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

No Distributions, Genuine Declines, 2/3/22

If a mutual fund drops by a big surprising amount, one should look for possible distributions. But that didn't apply today. Here are some large declines in LC-growth mutual funds today:

IALAX -6.49%

MSEQX -6.40%

TRBCX -5.40%

FCNTX -5.23%

etc

Compare: SP500 -2.44%; Nasdaq Comp --3.74%, Nasdaq-100 -4.22%

Some of these losses may be recovered tomorrow as futures and after-markets actions are very positive following AMZN good earnings news.

Comments

• Hey BooBoo,

What are the kids gonna think when the real poof happens... looks like some funds down in a day in an amount that would have been an ok year.

Hopefully tomorrow better but again what's the rush, maybe a good time to be conservative or less aggressive over the next several months

Best

Baseball Fan
  • edited February 2022
    Your numbers look right on the money. About what I’d expect. I track TRBCX (along with perhaps a dozen others). HSGFX was up. ARKK did only slightly worse than TRBCX. PRWCX held up better than I expected. A commodities fund I track (BRCAX) is showing “up”. However, I’m suspicious it could be a stale number.
  • Yes but think of how much they've gone UP over the past many years.....

But sadly mass-market psychology (and/or lack of experience) doesn't always understand that context.
  • Well, they're gonna learn, aren't they. Better sooner than later.