Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Building a Portfolio - Charles Lynn Bolin

I found the post by Bolin “Building a Multi Strategy Portfolio” very instructive. https://www.mutualfundobserver.com/2021/12/building-a-multi-strategy-portfolio-fidelity-traditional-ira/

It was so detailed and included his criteria for including certain funds. That post is so rich with info. I keep re-reading it and really appreciate the outline of his process to create the portfolio. The use of MFO to create the watchlist and Ferguson and Reamer … new to me. While this portfolio is just one of his- the “Fidelity Traditional IRA”… I found myself wondering about one sentence he mentioned “ a Bucket for a more aggressive Roth IRA managed by Fidelity” … What funds might be in that Roth?

Posting this just to say thanks but also to recognize how valuable it is to see someone’s portfolio and most importantly how it was constructed for the intended purpose. Agree with @golub1 comment.

Comments

• I'll second the thanks for @lynnbolin2021. Love the analytical style and explanation of his work process.
  • I found the post by Bolin “Building a Multi Strategy Portfolio” very instructive. https://www.mutualfundobserver.com/2021/12/building-a-multi-strategy-portfolio-fidelity-traditional-ira/

It was so detailed and included his criteria for including certain funds. That post is so rich with info. I keep re-reading it and really appreciate the outline of his process to create the portfolio. The use of MFO to create the watchlist and Ferguson and Reamer … new to me. While this portfolio is just one of his- the “Fidelity Traditional IRA”… I found myself wondering about one sentence he mentioned “ a Bucket for a more aggressive Roth IRA managed by Fidelity” … What funds might be in that Roth?

Posting this just to say thanks but also to recognize how valuable it is to see someone’s portfolio and most importantly how it was constructed for the intended purpose. Agree with @golub1 comment.

Hi @JonGaltII, @MileM, and @Derf,

Since the MFO newsletter will be closing in January, my last article will be a great thank you to Professor Snowball and the wonderful team at MFO, and a description of the Managed Accounts at Fidelity as a final part of my Multi-strategy portfolio.

Best Regards and Thanks for Reading,
    Lynn Bolin

• @lynnbolin2021, thank you for sharing your expertise on mutual funds and ETFs with everyone here on this board. I will be following your writing in Seeking Alpha.

Best wishes and be safe,

Sven
  • I also sincerely appreciate your contributions and analyses.
  • @lynnbolin2021 Thank you for sharing the contents of the “aggressive” Roth and for providing such a detailed analysis of the model portfolios and why you chose the port and Fido option you did. As with all of your posts, there’s tons of info there and learnings. A small point but I appreciated you including FBALX as a benchmark too. Will continue to follow your posts on SA and hope you are a regular contributor here.

https://www.mutualfundobserver.com/2022/01/building-a-multi-strategy-portfolio-managed-fidelity-roth-ira/