Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

12 Bitcoin ETFs and Cryptocurrency Funds You Should Know

https://www.kiplinger.com/investing/cryptocurrency/603600/bitcoin-etfs-cryptocurrency-funds

12 Bitcoin ETFs and Cryptocurrency Funds You Should Know
The rapidly growing world of Bitcoin ETFs will now include futures-based cryptocurrency funds. Here are 12 ways to ride the crypto wave.

Could be playing monies vegas styles

Comments

• edited October 2021
    Very interesting and informative. Not sure if I am investing in any of these ETF's at this point, too much like gambling. But DAPP looks to be the most interesting to me.
  • edited October 2021
    Thanks for that link, @johnN. Hard to believe there are 12 ETFs for this “space” and harder to believe that I was able to read a Kiplinger article from beginning to end without getting lost as one does at IKEA.
  • Howdy,

I'm riding COIN and added a tad yesterday.

Rono
  • Do you guys use Bitcoin ATMs? (I was surprised to find these exist and to find three in my area.)
  • DAPP’s second largest holding is COIN. If @rono bought in a trough, I can see why he might be riding a wave. VanEck has some decent ETFs, including my all time fave MOAT.
  • Howdy all,

@BenWP I bought back in April at $231. It was the only way at the time to get some exposure to Bitcoin. Now we have the ETF . . . feh. Why? I'm still not seeing the value but know that COIN is making money on transactions.

take care,

rono
  • Yes, providing the nuts and bolts is a good way to make money. Jeans for gold miners gave us Levi Strauss.
  • It's a timely article and helpful...What do you think of not being able to own the crypto currency directly? Is this similar to Commodity Funds that own the Metal itself vs Futures? Mining Co's Etc?
  • At the moment, the only psrt of the crypto economy I prefer to own are miners. I own a spec position in one and may add to it sometime before year-end.