Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

That’s a lot of bull ...

edited April 2021 in Off-Topic
Photographer - Carlo Allegri of Reuters / Appeared in WSJ - April 13

Comments

• I have a photo with it but I wonder how they managed to get the crowd away. There is no way you can normally take a photo without someone else in it. Actually more than just a few.
  • edited June 2021
    That is a lot of bull for sure!
    I use a cropped 'Charging Bull' image as my picture on another investing forum.
  • edited June 2021
    @Observant1

If you value art, the photo is extremely well composed. All the elements of photography (like placement, balance, color, scale, contrast, lighting) combine for a striking image.

I use a cropped 'Charging Bull' image as my picture on another investing forum.

I have a scale model of the charging bull prominently displayed at home in a corner devoted to NYC photos and memorabilia - most from visits to The Big Apple. :)

• @hank,

The 'Charging Bull' sculpture produced by Arturo Di ModicaI is amazing.
    There is a reason this is an iconic work of art!
    I agree that the above photo is striking and very well-composed.
  • edited June 2021
    Thanks for the background on the charging bull. I sort of realized it was a classic sculpture, but hadn’t really paid much attention. Deserves the accolades for sure.

My favorite in NYC is the monument to author Lewis Carroll in Central Park. Worth a trip to the city just to see it IMHO (and a lovely framed photo hangs in my home). While more artistically impressive without the kids, I linked this shot because it provides an idea of the monument’s size.

Story details the monument’s donor and history