Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Death of the computer cookie.....

.....coming to a computer near you.

Article

Comments

• Cookies that enable a website to function are ok with me. Cookies that aim to inform advertisers what they claim I am likely to buy bother me for several reasons and invasion of privacy is not at the top of the list, although it *is* one reason. Near the top is the invasion and interruption of my internet experience by ads that are the consequence of implanted cookies. In other words I don't like attempts to break my concentration. At the very top of the list is the reminder of the blunt stupidity that is evident in every ad shown to me. I have never seen an internet ad for an item or service I would want to own or use. I may be spied upon but the spies lack discernment. I would make it a point to never purchase an item dangled before me by an unwanted ad but I have never had the occasion to buy from a competitor of the company selling the item being waved in front of my eyes because they are trying to sell shoes to a fish (as it were).
  • At the rate that they pile up in my browser I'd opine that reports of their death are greatly exaggerated, to borrow a line from Mr. Clemens.