Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

In secretly recorded audio, President Trump’s sister says he has ‘no principles’ and ‘you can’t

"All he wants to do is appeal to his base,” Barry said in a conversation secretly recorded by her niece, Mary L. Trump. “He has no principles. None. None. And his base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-secretly-recorded-audio-president-trump-s-sister-says-he-has-no-principles-and-you-can-t-trust-him/ar-BB18gCCZ?li=BBorjTa

Comments

• Hi Mona,

The revolution will not only be live, it will be streaming on your phone.

"Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast."

Wish it wasn't so.

Take care,

Rono
  • Unfortunately none of this is news. What would be news is if someone called him out.
  • @Mark
    You are going down a dark path. I know I am already 3/4 of the way down it. You end up just staring, breathing, and waiting. And waiting. Meanwhile, what you see is a few people that try to call out get drown out by outrageous behavior that just accelerates until those people can't get through the hurricane that is hitting on all fronts. The someones are tired or scared or exasperated or frustrated or all. But most of all no one can even hear them as attention is diverted to the hurricane distraction. As for my wait, I saw a fake video this morning of Tucker Carlson supposedly warning against Trump trying to become a dictator. I don't know where it came from but I immediately suspected something like: Russia created the obviously faked video to show people they cannot trust any of the youtubes, twitter feeds and ads out there attacking Trump, especially those featuring Republicans and conservatives. Why? Because it was too obvious to have been from a legitimate source.
  • edited August 2020
    Speaking of dark paths (Anna’s post), I’m beginning to think that as a species humans evolved to be very suspect of anything they see or hear. So our basic inbred instinct is to disbelieve / even distrust what our very eyes tell us. A lot of animals will kick around food they come across to make sure it’s safe before grabbing hold.

Most of us have learned to differentiate between science and proven fact (sometimes called “book learning”) and our darker inbred tendencies towards misgivings and mistrust. A substantial and seemingly growing proportion of the population can’t make that transition and are inclined to mistrust anything they don’t fully understand. Results in some strange theories like the clip below being actually accepted by a good many. It might be funny were it an isolated instance. But it’s not.

“The deep state, or whoever, over at the FDA is making it very difficult for drug companies to get people in order to test the vaccines and therapeutics. Obviously, they are hoping to delay the answer until after November 3rd.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/513216-trump-rails-against-fda-over-vaccine-testing

• edited August 2020
    There's no way to keep up with it all. One ridiculously outrageous thing after another. That's how we just get buried by it all, to the point where Reality itself is covered-over. We have to preoccupy ourselves with simply pinching ourselves in the effort to keep perspective. Sadly, there are too many out there who don't make the effort: The tRumpsters. But it's too late for their White America. Jim Crow is dead, but only LEGALLY. I'm sick of the Political Correctness too, but we're in the 21st century and can never get back into the past. The other day, I heard one of the talking heads on tv refer to someone who is "differently abled." Not long ago, we'd refer to such an individual as "disabled." I still do. Because it's just plain accurate. With no insult or shame attached to it. ... Anyhow, The Repugnant Party has demonstrated that none of them holds to any ethical code at all. Just like The Donald. Nothing is beneath them. None of them is standing up to the tRumpster. They cannot any longer make any claim to be legitimate leaders. Just as uncle Donald NEVER was. They are tRump cult members. And to the extent that the Senate is supposed to LEAD, they are the ones keeping us from leaving the "dark path" referenced above.
  • @Crash, I think the problem is that they won't stand behind each other against attacks and threats which is why, individually, they don't stand up to Trump. If they supported each other (and the institution and constitution), things might be less crazy.
  • >> With no insult or shame attached to it. ...

Enough with faux woundedness --- you do know, I bet, that the criterion is what the named persons think of it (rightly or wrongly), not what you think of it / how you judge it?

If you say 'colored people' in the workplace all the time, you will eventually be canned, while if you say 'people of color' identically, you may eventually be promoted. Imagine trying to successfully teach this crucial difference in a hasty ESL class.
  • Cultist don't care what sister says.
  • George Conway is one of the few conservatives who speak up. For now, the Conway's family is having issue on multiple fronts; Kellyanne is leaving WH and George is leaving the Lincoln Project.
    https://washingtonpost.com/politics/kellyanne-conway-white-house/2020/08/23/6c26e18a-e5a7-11ea-bc79-834454439a44_story.html
  • edited August 2020
    I've gotten into some discussions with QAnon people. Kind of scares you what's being promoted out in cyberspace and how easily people latch onto a cause with little research. Last discussion was something about Maxwell has a submarine license and somebody bought an island from Bidens brother yada yada yada... I said: Oh so you figured it out,,, they take the submarine to the islands pizza shop basement and molest children.... I was told I'm in denial.
  • edited August 2020
    This is a riot...lol (leaked Melania RNC speech)
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1297598168171859968
  • royal4 said:

I've gotten into some discussions with QAnon people. Kind of scares you what's being promoted out in cyberspace and how easily people latch onto a cause with little research. Last discussion was something about Maxwell has a submarine license and somebody bought an island from Bidens brother yada yada yada... I said: Oh so you figured it out,,, they take the submarine to the islands pizza shop basement and molest children.... I was told I'm in denial.

Wait, wait, do you think you might be the one who tracked in M_E??
  • Nah,,,, Russia knows about all political forums.
  • edited August 2020
    Well, I’ve had the damned mute on for a half hour now (Bloomberg). He won’t stop talking. Said something about “12 more years” just before I hit the mute. So, Where in H is this show taking place? I thought they said Charlotte today. (?) But didn’t they get mad and move it from Charlotte to Jacksonville when the wise folks in Charlotte wouldn’t approve a large gathering indoors due to Covid? And than, I thought I heard Wisconsin recently too. Really erratic planning if you ask me.
  • @royal4 - If he sends you some lemonade, don’t drink it.
  • Very funny. The strange thing is the only ones with Russia and Ukrainian connections are the Democrats (and McCain/Graham). The Democrats are experts at projection. What I'm hearing is that US Citizens with a moderate, conservative, or Christian world view are simply not wanted to participate in discussions or financially support MFO.

if only we had a 'this is a plain lie' button or flag
  • He's right! Check Breitbart or zerohedge if you have any doubts.
  • Be careful what you wish for, if we did nearly every single one of your posts would be buttoned or flagged with "this is a plain lie."

coming from you, dude, this is the highest compliment

no, I meant actually, meaning the substance, facts, reality, all that good stuff
  • DavidMoran you're never gonna get me into bed with talk like that.