Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A picture is worth a thousand words

edited August 2020 in Off-Topic
Effective political (financial) humor....

Comments

• edited August 2020
    I've had the feeling for years it's going to get pushed too far and the masses will revolt. The wealthy don't see it coming or are so greedy they can't help themselves. Nobody needs a billion dollars, it's crazy. IMHO ADD: There are over 2000 billionaires worldwide who hold something like 8 TRILLION in assets.

• Don't worry, it'll trickle-down eventually. One of these years.....
  • The 1789 French Revolution came to mind as Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette faced the guillotine.
  • The Friday edition of the WSJ always has a section on real estate, but it’s the real estate that makes me (a pretty average person) ask, where in the H do they get the money to buy these houses? Maybe the existence of the paywall is a blessing for those who don’t subscribe; I can’t revolt you by linking to today’s display of ostentation.
  • edited August 2020
    @davfor - Is that the nation’s Education Secretary sitting in the back of the boat?

Just checked. Yep - I’m pretty sure that’s her. https://www.newsweek.com/can-you-afford-betsy-devoss-lavish-lifestyle-708369
  • @hank Yes, good catch. I think you pegged it. At least she is out of the office and isn't doing any harm.
  • edited August 2020
    I can't pinpoint that picture-link. Help? Or are we talking about the cartoon at the top? OK, then.
  • edited August 2020
    2020 thus far, per the Guardian this week

• edited August 2020
    davfor said:

@hank Yes, good catch. I think you pegged it. At least she is out of the office and isn't doing any harm.

LOL - I thought at first you meant “out of office.”:) Still one of the survivors - but out of the way when boating. Yep - she’s got a nice near-100 ft “gin & tonic” boat she stops at various ports in N Michigan with. Such a disparity of wealth up in the resort communities so obvious in the summer. Amazingly, most locals just accept that as a normal state of affairs rather than questioning why.