Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Schwab institutional class funds

I don't have an account with them but see a couple institutional class funds listed with $100,000 minimums that also say "institutional customers only" under availability (TRGLX for example). I spoke to a Schwab rep over the phone who said retail customers cannot buy these.

Has anyone been able to buy into institutional class funds through a Schwab online brokerage account?

Comments

• Minimum waived for I Classes offered through Workplace Retirement plans.
    Stay Safe, Derf
  • I believe you can purchase these if you work with a financial advisor who uses Schwab for managed accounts...doesn't have to be a Schwab financial advisor.
  • Thanks for the info Derf and Bee!
  • @little5bee You are correct. I work for an investment consulting firm & in my personal account under our umbrella, I am able to but Inst class shares, RIA only funds (like interval funds), and even currently closed funds so long as at least 1 account under our huge master account holds the closed fund, usually all with $1 minimum.