Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Frackers scrap idled equipment amid shale drilling downturn

This topic could affect some of your holdings that are more focused in this sector.

Frackers scrap field equipment

Real estate prices and development went wacko several years ago when the Bakken fields were put into production. I've not checked prices for years, but those first in and first out made some serious cash. This area may not be affected by fracking downturn. Oklahoma and Texas, perhaps more so. Williston, ND prices still look pricey to me.

Williston ND real estate Zillow

Comments

• @MFO Members: This poster is trying to kid us. Nothing here that belongs on Mutual Fund Discussion Board !
    Regards
    Ted:(
  • Ted said:

@MFO Members: This poster is trying to kid us. Nothing here that belongs on Mutual Fund Discussion Board !
    Regards
    Ted:(

@Ted, Go bump yourself.

• Ol' Ted... the real "owl"-

• @OJ - I say we pool MFO’s resources and buy Ol’Ted a ride on a nice new 737 Max!
  • Hi Catch,
    Thanks for the info. Since I'm slowly going into energy, this post is of importance. Have heard from several reads they expect oil to rise in 2 to 3 years.....due to lack of investment by companies because of price. And we all know how oil prices fluctuate over time. Thanks, bro.
    God bless
    the Pudd

p.s.
    A few years back when oil crashed and fracking went bust for a while, there was a cat dealer whose place was overrun with equipment for months because of fracking from upstate PA. Have started to see it again.

......also......
    Ted, go to bed!
  • Fracking is such a messy, wasteful process anyway. I wouldn't be shocked to hear of irresponsible disposal of unneeded equipment, to say nothing of the natural resources already mined or extracted for the industry.