Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Michigan area appraisals or authentications dealers. Have you suggestions?

We're updating values, for insurance purposes and possible sale; numerous items we have accumulated over the years.
Generally, these items are related to collectible art work(s) of the Asia regions. Obviously, dealer knowledge in this area is what we are seeking, in particular.
With the understanding that an appraisal is likely a fee only, but could associate a sale of an item.
Also, with the understanding of the spread involved with buy and sell of such items.......been there, done that.
Thank you for your knowledge in this area and sharing your thoughts here, or via private message at MFO.
Respectfully,
Catch

Comments

• @catch22- In horsing around using DuckDuckGo I came up with these two sites:

Find An ISA Member

How to Pick an Appraiser to Value Your Heirlooms or Collectibles

They are at least a starting point for you.

OJ
  • Hi @Old_Joe
    Thank you for your efforts with this. I have dug around on the net for similar information. Smithsonian has decent reference for similar findings.
    I was a seller on ebay for a number of years from their startup period; and from this I used as many resources as was available during the late 90's and early 2000's. One may discover a lot of useful sites in many areas of research. I learned more than expected.
    Your link provided a good point for all; as to be cautious on how an appraisal, more so; by whom, to attempt to obtain an impartial value summary.
    I'm hoping for a recommendation in this state from someone who may have had a direct dealing with a business or individual here.
    Nice to be part of this community to be able to ask such questions of a most diverse and knowledgeable group.
    Technically, the items for appraisal are part of a portfolio, only not a fund.
    Thank you again.
    Catch