Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Odd Reason the Stock Market Could Soar to New Highs

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/09/11/the-odd-reason-the-stock-market-could-soar-to-new.aspx

The Odd Reason the Stock Market Could Soar to New Highs
Hint: It has nothing to do with earnings reports.
Sean Williams
(TMFUltraLong)
Sep 11, 2019 at 8:00AM

You could rightly say that this has been an "interesting" year for investors.

Comments

• My guess - There's more room to the top side than the bottom!
  • Gary said:

My guess - There's more room to the top side than the bottom!

I am coming to think the same. No upward explosiveness, probably, but fundamentals are too ongoingly consistent, and boomer greed abides (and returns elsewhere are so low), that I am not seeing swans and clouds and anything similar on the horizon. To the contrary.
  • I was chatting with a futures trader over the weekend who has a similar consensus (not that he knows much more than anyone else). His only concern is the upcoming election-- if he loses, and one of the other candidates who favors new Wall Street regulations, wins.
  • if criminalman loses I think the market will jump 700 points
  • if criminalman loses I think the market will jump 700 points

His thought was our current administration has and will use power to manipulate the markets, as opposed to Pocahontas or the Bern who aren't so cool with the fat cats and will cause some shake ups. But, that's anybody's guess. I try to stay out of that sort of jive. Just food for thought.