Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Barry Ritholtz: Yesterday's Reckless, Irresponsible, Politically-Motivated FOMC Rate Cut

FYI: There is a lot to unpack here, but let’s get one thing straight: This is a completely unnecessary rate cut, one that is motivated by political expediency, not economic needs.

It is reckless, it is irresponsible, and it dramatically increases the possibility of another 2008-09 like disaster.
Regards,
Ted
https://ritholtz.com/2019/07/todays-reckless-irresponsible-politically-motivated-fomc-rate-cut/

Comments

• Berry R. sez it's bullshit - I most certainly agree!!
  • Now, if I had said all that, Ted would be having a small hissyfit. Thank you Mr. Trump. We'll remember this when the downturn finally comes and the Fed has almost no tools left to deal with it.
  • @Old_Joe: Just make sure you and Hank purchase and brew enough coffee for tomorrow's big event happening on the board early tomorrow morning. Catch22 is baking cookies for the momentous occasion.
    Regards,
    Ted:).
  • #3 Cory Booker: “There’s a saying in my community that you’re dipping into the Kool-Aid and you don’t even know the flavor.” Cory Booker wants to know what kind of coffee
  • @Gary: Sen. Booker is not a MFO Member !
    Regards,
    Ted
    P.S. Don't you think you could bring some paper plates ?