Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*: Long-Term Outperformance Is The Norm At This Large-Cap Fund: (POSKX)

FYI: Primecap Odyssey Stock retains a Morningstar Analyst Rating of Gold. It is one of a select number of funds run by subadvisor Primecap, whose fundamentals-based multimanager approach richly rewards long-term investors.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.morningstar.com/articles/938846/long-term-outperformance-is-the-norm-at-this-large-cap-fund

Lipper Snapshot POSKX:
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/fund/poskx

POSKX Is Ranked #58 In The (LCB) Fund Category By U.S. News & World Report

Comments

• Timely: M* just updated their profile of this fund. Gold decoration, but zero stars? Never seen THAT.
  • site is sketchy again, no stars for dseex either

features and completeness come and go, just surprised this is still in beta

advanced from where it was a week ago

• M* is perpetually beta testing their site .... though at times it seems their goal is to reach a wobbly alpha state instead of stable release. Sad to see such a resource fall so hard for so long. :(

Stars? As with their Badges and Kudos, i don't need no steeeenkin' stars!
  • edited August 2019
    I understand the hoopla around Primecap funds given its history, and I own a small chunk of POGRX, down from a significant percent of my portfolio.

I am interested in the forum's thoughts on the Family and these funds. Although the long-term returns are excellent and are reasonable priced, they are fairly "risky" (per SD) and quite frankly, there seems to be several other options that have much better metrics (as a whole).

In other words, the US/DS cature ratios, Sortino ratio, Alpha, Beta, et cetera, are substandard versus others in their respective categories with comparable returns.

Am I missing a bigger picture? Thoughts?????

Matt