Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Did anyone here put in a buy before the bell rang ?

With the weekend close in hand , I was wondering if any buys went out. I think S&P was at 2752 close. With 2 days to cool off, it will be interesting to see what happens on Monday. Does anyone want to come forth & read their crystal ball ?
Derf

Comments

• Nope, one day moves never get my impulses to go any way or another.

Even if I thought I had a clue Prez Bonespurs would piddle out a tweety rendering a good process worthless at best.
  • A bunch of small adds (cost-averaging in). Nibble nibble. Wait for the bigger drop.
  • edited May 2019
    Why buy on an up day?

PRPFX +.08%
    DODLX + .19%
    OQGAX +.55%
    OREAX +.35%
    OPGSX +3.09%
    TMSRX +.21%
    RPSIX +.08%
    DODIX +.15%

@Mark Re Prez Bonespurs.:)

• Same here. One day a trend makes not. If I do buy anything it'll be in chunks, taking advantage of volatility and Tweety Amin's itchy twitter finger. Because so much #winning!
    Mark said:

Nope, one day moves never get my impulses to go any way or another.

Even if I thought I had a clue Prez Bonespurs would piddle out a tweety rendering a good process worthless at best.

• @hank; If this is an up day for you I'd hate to see your down day ! How did your portfolio do ?
    @Mark: This isn't about a ONE day move. Market on downward move for last 6 weeks !

Derf
  • edited May 2019
    @Derf +.07% for the day. Stuff that reacts to lower rates, like real estate, had a good day along with high grade bonds. Being diversified globally helped as the dollar weakened against some currencies. (Lower interest rates tend to push it down.) Exposure to gold (OPGSX) was the real kicker today. I added an additional small spec position in the poison (not a typo) 3 weeks ago. Might just hang on a while longer.
  • @hank schwab investments took a hit, -.35. Will check Vanguard later.
    I''ll check out OPGSX later & may replace prpfx with it.
    Derf
  • edited May 2019
    @ Derf, -.35 is mild on a day like this. PRPFX is more for holding long term. Gold and mining funds are more like spinning the wheel at Vegas.
  • No did not buy today

Did add-bought vht and vde yesterday