Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Concerns about FPACX

This is a fund David owns and keeps in high regard as per his input on this site.This is supposed to be a cautious mod allocation fund but lost about 6.5% in the past year with about 25% cash in assets, ie loss greater than the s&p 500 index by about 2%. FPACX has lost about 25% of its AUM in the past few years. Has Steve Romick and his clan lost their supposed mandate? Or is it very poor equity choices. What say thee?

Comments

• I also owned many years ago and sold it.. Seems Mr. Romick has alway been held in high regard. I was never able to understand that.
  • FPACX is a ridiculously expensive place to hold cash. And perhaps an expensive place to hold everything else Mr. Romick invests in. That being said,Mr.Romick is a smart dude who is very risk adverse. I left him long ago but he is doing fine without me.
  • I'd like to hear David's current Take on fpacx.
    I have been considering Dumping fpacx based on - high Expenses,
    - poor performance,especially with 29% in cash!! Any suggestions for a replacement?
    Thanks
    R. Etris
  • The high fee is also a concern but if would make a difference in risk and losses, it would be worthwhile. I am lucky to also own PRWCX where my holding would go if I sell FPACX, but it is closed to newcomers. Look at ABALX, DODBX ,JABAX and if concerned about taxes investigate VTMFX. If David has any thoughts they would be appreciated also.
  • Will consider selling my FPACX if they liquidate FPPTX which I have held for years. No reason to leave any money behind.
  • im considering selling fpacx and buying more dodbx.