Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

January MFO is out!

Subject line says it all..... ;)

Comments

• Welcome to the New Year, dear friends.

Given the understandable (and rising) anxieties folks face, I tried to pursue a thoughtfully optimistic tone. In the end, I suspect most folks would not benefit from fleeing the market (since they'll mistime both the out and the eventual in) but they might benefit from a more-cautious asset allocation and the presence of a few more reliable options for their portfolio. So, that's about what I flagged.

The Ladder Select Bond folks reached out at about 5:00 a.m. today, so I'll likely chat with them this week.

FPA just launched a new income fund, a version of FPA New Income that has more high-yield exposure. Northern Trust uses high-yield as a surrogate for low-risk equity, so I'll be curious to hear what FPA's logic is.

Cheers,

David