Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Old_Joe and Larry Boy, at the garage video posted by Ted

The video posted by Ted is very clear with its intention to degrade the intellectual skills and characters of @Old_Joe and @larryB.
If you are not one of the 200+ viewers (at this write) who have not read this post, you may click the link below.
I note Old_Joe with this, as this was the original subject line title, later edited, by Ted, to Larry Boy.

https://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/42400/larry-boy-cleans-out-his-garage

One may suppose that the movie title, "As Good as it Gets" is appropriate, and has now become an accepted "norm" at MFO.

Sincerely,
Catch

Comments

• So because members can no longer post non-mutual fund discussion topics, then I guess I'll have to ask in this thread: If Trump is dissatisfied with the Fed's policy of interest rate increases, which he said today, that he could choose to fire Powell if rates continue to rise?

• Sure he could. Though I'm sure that would be something presumably Congress ... especially the GOP would not take lightly since it would impact business interests & profitability. I'm sure if he fired Powell that would cause a bigly market drop, since it'd prove the Fed has been co-opted by the WH and political (er, personal) interests...we'd be in Bananna Republic territory for sure then.

I heard that item earlier today but it seems the market shrugged off Tweety's remarks.
  • Today he ripped into Chairman Powell on June's rate hike (two more coming) and strong USD. Certainly this crossed the line of the Federal Reserve being independence. When was the last time you have seen such childish outburst from previous administrations?

Powell is doing the right thing. The inflation is rising beyond the 2% threshold and it is further acceleratied by the tariffs.
  • Trump can also politicize the Fed with four governors still to be appointed.