Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Linkster's Asset Allocation

2»

Comments

• If Ted thinks he's going to post his asset allocation on MFO and NOT receive comments or input, then he's just being naive. 30 comments later, we are still at it;-)
  • Damn, this place isn't much fun nowadays.......
    Don't know whether to post an investment topic or just skip it!
  • I would like to hear Ted's personal thoughts or comments regarding how the tariff's may or may not affect his corn crop. There's tons of info and conjecture all over the web so let's here it straight from someone maybe directly affected. Then again maybe he eats it all or sells it from a stand out on the road.

As for his asset allocation, it's nice but it's personal. We all invest the way we invest based on our own personal circumstances. Party on.
  • edited June 2018
    MikeM said:

So he didn't follow what you would have expected (or obviously many here). Hang the bastard...:)

If only that would do the trick...

By the way I'm very aggressive with my water usage when I wash my face. 100% of the water I use which does not touch my face is all wasted. It does not matter how long I wash my face.
  • edited June 2018
    Mark said:

I would like to hear Ted's personal thoughts or comments regarding how the tariff's may or may not affect his corn crop. There's tons of info and conjecture all over the web so let's here it straight from someone maybe directly affected. Then again maybe he eats it all or sells it from a stand out on the road.

@Mark - Yep. Would be nice if @Ted would share more about the AG business. From what I’ve read, farms have grown larger over the years and, while 1200 is considered a nice spread, it’s not real big anymore in comparison to the largest farms.

Never been on a farm. So this aspect of the thread has peaked my curiosity. Here’s an interesting article explaining how farming is actually quite similar to investing in the equity markets. Never would have guessed.

http://moneygrower.co.uk/2015/12/stock-market-investing-is-like-farming/