Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How to destroy evidence

edited June 2018 in Off-Topic
Here’s what Fox News host Sean Hannity repeatedly advised potential witnesses in the Meuller probe to do with their electronic devices this week. But I wonder if Hannady has ever really tried smashing an Apple tablet device (iphone or ipad) into small pieces? I have - though not for the reasons he suggests. Found it impossible. Might as well try smashing a chunk of iron. The materials are very strong.

Hannity: "If I were to advise to follow Hillary Clinton's lead: Delete all your emails and then acid-wash the emails on the hard drives and your phones, then take your phones and bash them with a hammer to little itsy-bitsy pieces, use BleachBit, remove the SIM cards, and then take the pieces and hand them over to Robert Mueller and say: 'Hillary Rodham Clinton, this is equal justice under the law.'

To listen to his step-by-step instructions, click on video.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-hannity-tells-mueller-investigation-witnesses-to-destroy-evidence-2018-6

Comments

• Spoken like a true IQ-45 follower.
  • @Mark- Now, I really like that one!
    :):):)
  • edited June 2018
    That high?

I’ll just quote Zaneeta Shinn from The Music Man - “Ye Gods!”
  • "Destroy the evidence Jared and Don Jr., even though you did nothing wrong... and oh yeah, this is just a witch hunt." Seems to make sense, I guess. I'm sure daddy has already followed Sean's advice.
  • You mean, wipe it off with a cloth?

• Speaking as a 20-year career cybersecurity person, I laugh at such wisdom from these experienced twits. You acid-wash jeans, not tech or data.

How to NOT destroy evidence: Let Michael Cohen do it.
  • Hi @rforno
    Smile here, too. From the way back machine for me.
    ---Summer of 1967, and being taught about the "new fangled" thing named an "integrated chip" (this class section was instructed by NASA engineers). All the normal info, as to how many transistors, capacitors, resistors, etc. were fabricated into these small rectangles having 8 and 16 "legs". Part of the lesson, for reasons of potential security problems; was the inability to provide a normal destruction process with the IC's. As these, at the time; were still fairly rare commodities, demonstrating the durability was limited. But, classes included using a hammer and/or a vise to show how tough the IC's were. Worse case, all sites that would have equipment with such electronics had thermite devices (4,000 degrees F) available for equipment destruction purposes.
    As to this thread; one could always use the cement block, poly rope....attach devices and do the deep, salt water ocean thing, eh?
    Take care,
    Catch