Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

NFL Parity

Survival league went from over 150 entries to ( 3 ) in just 3 weeks !! This leads me to ask, how is your team doing ? Packers win back to back with QB with very little playing experience ! I know, to early to predict Super Bowl contestants & the World Series is up next.
Go Pack Go, Derf

Comments

• Grew up with b&w tv watching Y.A. Tittle, Frank Gifford. He was a flanker. There ARE no more flankers in the NFL. NY Giants. Cowboys always had a little extra in the tank, to beat them.

Old Canadian joke: What do the Blue Jays, the Argonauts and the Maple Leafs have in common? None of them plays hockey.
  • A Bills - Packers super bowl would be a dream game for me. Bills have suprized me out of the gate. I new they would have a good defense again, but the offense, specifically the offensive line, is just rolling over teams that I thought would give them trouble (Miami and Jacksonville). Getting rid of Stefon Diggs is proving to be a blessing. The guy was just a distraction in the locker room. It opened the door for everyone else to excel.

Go Bills!!!
  • @Crash, Gifford was a half back. A 'flanker' is an old term used for a specific receiver position. I think that position has morphed into what is called a slot receiver nowadays.

I remember all those old Giants names too. I liked them but as a kid, my teams were the Browns and Packers. My dad was a Browns fan. Can't explain why Green Bay, except that I remember watching the ice-bowl game with my dad where they beat the Cowboys, and then those early super bowls.
  • edited September 24
    Ice Bowl, YES! -17 degrees. They are hearty souls in Green Bay. I once saw Lambeau Field, but it was off-season, in the summer.
  • League parity? I still count myself a Giants fan long after moving to MI. They are really stinking up the joint this year, but I guess someone has to be a doormat. The Lions did horribly with the overweight Matt Patricia so I extrapolate that Brian Daboll in NY needs to be replaced with a coach who’s in as good shape as Dan Campbell. How does Andy Reid win so much with that suspect physique hidden under a red tent? For some reason my input on coaching choices has never been sought.
  • I took the bait, (football) !!
    Entered free play from DraftKings.
    See if I can be in top 1000 entries, if that option is offered.
  • @Crash While at the game, many years back, I saw a fan give the beer-man a pair of gloves. Shortly before the game ended the vendor returned the gloves. I'm guessing game time temps , in the 30's!! Not the ice bowl , but still a nice gesture.
  • Lots of parity last night, both teams over 100 penalty yds & that doesn't count off setting penalties !! NFL is professional football ?! Mr. Rodgers did throw his fourth Hail Mary right before half-time ! Caught by his former receiver in Green bay ,Lazard (?) Two missed FG may have caused the Jets loss .
  • Since the Patriots are no longer relevant, there isn't a team or player I dislike more than the Jets and Rogers. The GB fans I know are glad he's not a Packer anymore.

That completed Hail Mary was due to more bad coaching from the Bills. Rushing 2 players to give Rogers time to set up for the throw? Exasperating what this Bills coaching staff does, week after week.
  • Ah, yes. Bills back into their classic form? Rogers =doink. Like Brady.
  • It will be interesting to see how Rodgers & newly acquired past teammate Davonte Adams get back on the same page.
    Mr. Rogers would have been gone two years earlier if I was the GM.
  • @MikeM Nice catch, Mr. Cooper !! Packers win in last seconds on new found FG kicker!
    Pack had 3 turnovers in first half , Thanks Texans.
  • @Derf, Go Pack Go!

Cooper had a nice debut with the Bills. 4 catches and a touch down. I think the other receivers we have will absolutely benefit from this addition. We needed a #1 receiver, and now we have one!

Ahh, and yes, the addition of Devonte Adams to the Jets resulted in just another loss for Rogers and the Jets. Thank you Steelers!
  • NFC North is suggesting that parity does not exist.The NFC West is a cesspool and NFC South is pretty bad. Outlandish theory: football talent is moving away from disaster-prone areas in favor of areas where weather is normally considered a deterrent to migration. Great Lions-Vikings game yesterday showcased our talent. No drought, no wildfires, no hurricanes, no earthquakes; is there any connection?