Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Top Takeaways from Oaktree Conference 2024

Comments

• edited July 2
    Thanks for the read. Makes me want to continue to plow into MMF. Hardly any risk, and a lovely yield. (5%+.)

Still holding my junk.
    FALN yield = 7.14% but unsure when that figure was last updated. It's been sitting there for a long time. Morningstar. Damn ETF! So much more volatile. I'm grinning and bearing it.

PRCPX. 7.01% yield.
    TUHYX. 7.41%

And both of those latter funds are quite un-volatile. I like that, too.
  • Thanks for the link @Mark. I like this from Marks:
    Investors should understand that the investment environment and the starting point for investments have a huge impact on their success, and the shorter your time horizon, the truer this is. Albert Einstein famously said, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.” I think another version of insanity is doing the same thing in a different environment and expecting the same result. So, if the environment for business and investing is going to be thoroughly different in the coming five or ten years from what it was in the last fifteen to forty years – as I believe – it’s folly to expect that the results will be the same as they were.