Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

CCAP (BDC)

edited May 20 in Other Investing
Looks like a halfway decent choice. Examined it this afternoon.....
10% disc to Fair Value, per M*.
https://www.morningstar.com/stocks/xnas/ccap/quote

Dividend payments are profuse, and defy any predictable schedule, but that's to the good, not a negative.

Comments

• edited May 20
    They are organized as a BDC. That's how I classify them in my portfolio. If it quacks like a duck....
  • BXSL is a BDC currently selling at a large premium to it's NAV for what that's worth. I own others but not this one.
  • I agree with @Mark . BDCs are in general not currently on sale. BXSL was added to my portfolio in July of 2022 when it looked to me to be on sale. So far, so good with that purchase.
  • edited May 20
    Thanks, guys. @Mark how the hell did you find the NAV in order to compare it to share price??? I've looked! @davfor
    https://cefdata.com/funds/bxsl/

Found the chart which confirms what you told me. But I can find no actual NUMBERS. Anyhow, I'm glad you both responded! I've got this cash. I don't want it just SITTING. From other threads, you'll notice I've been looking for a REIT. But they're all RISING with the Market. This morning, a Limit Order for BXSL got very CLOSE to executing, but no. It's trading at such a premium, I guess I'll pull the plug on that one, too. Dooky!
  • edited May 20
    Do you guys have any thoughts on another BDC, PSEC, which is heavily subscribed by its CEO?
  • @Crash - if you look at the table I linked you'll find the NAV in the next column right of the market price. Do note that it lags by a few months but you might find a current NAV at the company's web site.

@BaluBalu - as @davfor noted all BDC's seem to have elevated market prices at present but I am looking for an opportunity to add to FDUS, ARCC & TRIN. I personally wouldn't buy PSEC even if you gave me your money. Poor management most of all and they run in streaks. (Watch them blow through the roof now that I've said this.)

FWIW there's a poster at SeekingAlpha 'bekster' who is extremely tuned in to these devils.