Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Attack of the Vapours

The crazies are everywhere. ARTICLE from The Guardian.

Comments

• Outlawing atmospheric water vapor! Will drinking water be next or just bottled water?
  • Good Grief. And we share the country with these nutjobs. And let them vote. Like they're normal people.
  • @Anna - Ima going to just keep my distance. Thankfully I don't drink bottled water unless I'm the one who put it in the bottle straight from my well.
  • Old_Joe said:

Good Grief. And we share the country with these nutjobs. And let them vote. Like they're normal people.

Ah, but @Old_Joe - Some "we-the-people" could overwhelm us and make them our "leaders" with full power over legislation. Oh, done deal.

Now, if this were federal instead of state, a budget would go down to someone in someplace agency for contracting a solution to airplanes leaving trails. Any number of Boeings would jump into the bid and the winner would creatively spend money writing almost bogus reports of success with respect to the war against water vapor. Then, money spent, people will go on to the next horrible thing. Maybe solar panel adulteration with mind altering pulsar-beams.

Would pilots be required to follow new flight instructions that obey an AI readout that magically sprang from real-time standoff measurements of atmospheric conditions and spit out a "safe" path without WMD chemical tracks for the plane to follow? Afterall, success by avoidance can also be virtualized.

• Winston Churchill: 'The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.'
  • Old_Joe said:

Good Grief. And we share the country with these nutjobs. And let them vote. Like they're normal people.

A rose by any other name... I've been preaching that for so many years!