Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Travel to Mars May Begin By 2030

edited October 2023 in Off-Topic
I don’t know about you, but after watching the evening news tonight I’m ready to go.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2022/05/09/elon-musk-s-spacex-coo-says-manned-missions-will-reach-mars-by-2030-nasa-says-otherwise

Comments

• I think I will rewrite my will and request my ashes be taken to Mars on the Musk Xpress.
  • edited October 2023
    Funny @Anna

I was listening to an audio biography of Musk just the other night. Whoever played “Scottie” on the old StarTreck TV series had paid Musk / SpaceX a tidy sum to have his cremated remains sent into space. But the rocket blew up over the ocean before reaching orbit. You might want to reconsider spending your money on this.
  • If Ralph has anything to say about it, I'm sure Alice will be the first one there !
    Have a good weekend, Derf
  • I’ll go at age 88 in 2030 if it’s as safe as going down to see the Titanic.
  • With an average surface temperature of -80F (-60 C) that'll be a hard pass for me. I know a bunch of people I'd like to send in my place however. One Way.