Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Rupert Murdoch Admits Under Oath That He Knew Fox News Hosts Were Lying About Stolen Election

edited March 2023 in Off-Topic
Court documents released Monday revealed that not only did Murdoch know his network was spreading falsehoods, but he also continued to allow the hosts and guest speakers to appear on screen. Murdoch acknowledged that multiple popular Fox News hosts such as Sean Hannity, Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs, and Jeanine Pirro were “endorsing” the conspiracy that the election had been stolen.

He also said he knew regular guests such as Trump lawyers Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani and My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell were spreading the election lies, but he continued to allow them on air. His reason, as he explained in Lindell’s case, was that “it is not red or blue, it is green.” What is democracy compared to dollars, apparently?

Story

Comments

• If Dominion wins their defamation case I hope all of those clowns will be required to go on air at all of the major networks along with their own joke of a network and make public apologies for their lies and disinformation. Oh, and I want all that along with the billions in financial compensation and some serious jail time would be nice too.
  • edited March 2023
    Mark said:

If Dominion wins their defamation case I hope all of those clowns will be required to go on air at all of the major networks along with their own joke of a network and make public apologies for their lies and disinformation. Oh, and I want all that along with the billions in financial compensation and some serious jail time would be nice too.

Public apologies and substansive financial renumeration would be a great outcome.
    I doubt there will be any jail time for any defendants although some of these buffoons
    deserve to be locked up for multiple transgressions!
  • abomination. how utterly devoid of ethics those pigs are.
  • edited March 2023
    Interesting article in today’s WSJ

Headline - Documents from Fox Defamation Suit Spotlight Tensions Between Prime-Time Hosts and News Personnel

Excerpt: Newly released court documents from a defamation case against Fox News over its 2020 election coverage show a deep fissure in the network between high-profile prime-time opinion hosts and other personnel who were deeply skeptical of election fraud claims.

In a private text-message exchange about two weeks after Election Day, Tucker Carlson and fellow prime-time hosts Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity were still upset the network was the first to call the key state of Arizona for Joe Biden on the night of the election, a decision that angered some core Fox News viewers. “We devote our lives to building an audience and they let Chris Wallace and Leland f-ing Vittert wreck it,”Mr. Carlson wrote, according to one document, referring to former Fox News anchor Chris Wallace and reporter Leland Vittert.

From The Wall Street Journal - March 8, 2023