Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Georgia grand jury recommends purgury indictments in Trump election probe

edited February 2023 in Off-Topic
STORY from ABC News

The Fulton County, Georgia, grand jury investigating efforts by former President Donald Trump and his allies to overturn the results of the 2020 election has recommended to prosecutors that they seek indictments against witnesses who they believe may have lied during their testimony, according to excerpts of the grand jury's report released Thursday.

"A majority of the grand jury believes that perjury may have been committed by one or more witnesses testifying before it," the grand jury wrote in the report. "The Grand Jury recommends that the District Attorney seek appropriate indictments for such crimes where the evidence is compelling."

”Those who were subpoenaed and appeared before the grand jury included some of Trump's closest allies and supporters, including attorneys Rudy Giuliani and John Eastman, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, who unsuccessfully fought his subpoena up to the United State Supreme Court.”
-

Also / From USA Today:

A special grand jury investigating the 2020 election in Georgia and the efforts of former President Donald Trump and his allies to overturn the results concluded that one or more witnesses lied during their testimony, according to parts of the jurors’ final report released Thursday by a Fulton County judge.

The sections of the final report released were extremely limited and included only the introduction, conclusion and a short section addressing the perjury concerns
-

Also - From The Guardian

“A majority of the Grand Jury believes that perjury may have been committed by one or more witnesses testifying before it. The Grand Jury recommends that the District Attorney seek appropriate indictments for such crimes where the evidence is compelling,” the grand jurors wrote. The sections released on Thursday do not name the witnesses or provide any other details.

Comments

• Pieces of S**T, all of them. Treasonous behavior.
  • It will be interesting to see if the District Attorney indicts any witnesses for perjury.
    High-profile witnesses include: Rudy Giuliani, Mark Meadows, Sen. Lindsey Graham, Gov. Brian Kemp, John Eastman, and Newt Gingrich.
  • The only guy on that list that I wouldn't suspect of perjury is Governor Kemp. As far as I'm aware the Republican administration of Georgia played it reasonably straight all the way.
  • I was thinking along the same lines @Old_Joe. There are so-so many others who deserve a spot on the list as well but I don't have a full list of witnesses questioned by the grand jury.
  • edited February 2023

It will be interesting to see if the District Attorney indicts any witnesses for perjury.
    High-profile witnesses include: Rudy Giuliani, Mark Meadows, Sen. Lindsey Graham, Gov. Brian Kemp, John Eastman, and Newt Gingrich.

I’d guess Rudy’s a foregone conclusion. Might be able to plead insanity however. / Story link

• Old_Joe said:

The only guy on that list that I wouldn't suspect of perjury is Governor Kemp. As far as I'm aware the Republican administration of Georgia played it reasonably straight all the way.

And the GA Sec. of State and his deputy. My hat is off to them.