Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Carbon neutral fuels , how to invest ?

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=carbon+neutral+fuel+company+squamish+bc&atb=v157-1&ia=web

Has anyone looked into investing here ? Long term I'm guessing.

One can imagine that some oil companies would be fearing this , opposing, or possible looking at as another way to make money .

Comments

• @Derf: not sure, but funds such as ICLN or QCLN might have broad enough mandates to include a company like Squamish. Thanks for the link.
  • That's brave. I wonder how long it might take for that to become a moneymaker? Green is good. But look at LEV. With all their expansion and "growth," still no dividend and no actual PROFIT that I can find reported.
  • I have dabbled in a few small companies but it is hard to 1) pick the correct technology and 2) even harder to predict it will work.

There are many people, with much more engineering and scientific expertise that I have, spending their careers on this. For an example Google "Thunder Said Energy". Unfortunately their reports cost $500 each.

I have instead been working on picking the best few Climate Change funds.

Few have been around for very long, and the best may be GCCHX ( $5,000,000 minimum) but I would also look at

NALFX GCEBX RKCIX HEOMX
    They are actively managed and cover a variety of climate change issues.

Something else I am trying is Valueline has a monthly newsletter on "Climate Change " companies that is reasonably priced at $200 for two years
  • @sma3 : Thanks for contributing, I'll check out your suggestion later as I'm pressed for time over the next 2 or 3 days.