Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

GQHPX

2»

Comments

• edited October 2022
    I don't have any personal experience with Firstrade.
    Firstrade offers Admiral shares for Vanguard active funds (VWIAX, VWENX, VEIRX, VWNEX, VWILX, etc).
    I'm not aware of any other brokerages except Vanguard where an investor can purchase Admiral shares
    for numerous actively managed Vanguard funds.
  • This fund is increasing attractive to my personal risk tolerance. Been on watch list for 6 months. Conclusions from this thread: Available Schwab $49.95 for $2500 min. Available Firstrade also. Any more places to buy GQPHX or GQHIX for a reasonable min? Thanks. I assume TDA will have available soon as Schwab merger finalizes over next 18 months or so. Avail at FIDO min $500,000.
  • I did not finalize the transaction at my TRP brokerage. Just testing. But I did find out that for NON-TRP funds, there is a $5k MINIMUM to get in. I just don't have that much today available to trade, so maybe that's why it appeared not to recognize my attempt. It was behaving as if the ticker symbol was not recognized. But we're dealing with MACHINES, as always--- since we put THEM in charge. Oy.
  • @Crash
    But we're dealing with MACHINES, as always--- since we put THEM in charge. Oy.
    You would have really enjoyed the 70's and 80's and some of the 90's with paper, snail mail and telephones!!!
  • +1 crash That minimum for NON-TRP funds seems a bit high-like they're discouraging purchases of NON-TRP funds !
  • @shipwreckedandalone: GQHIX really had outstanding relative performance in April, May and June when the markets were tanking. For this calendar year, at least, the TF at Schwab was well worth the outlay. I wish I had bought it a year ago instead of screwing around with other infelicitous attempts to cushion the blows to my portfolio. Jain's quality dividend approach has proven its value this year.
  • catch22 said:

@Crash

But we're dealing with MACHINES, as always--- since we put THEM in charge. Oy.
    You would have really enjoyed the 70's and 80's and some of the 90's with paper, snail mail and telephones!!!
    bring it back, man!
    @carew388 +1 crash That minimum for NON-TRP funds seems a bit high-like they're discouraging purchases of NON-TRP funds !

Ya think, maybe????? Stinky and very poopy.
  • Thanks for your thoughts BenWP.
  • edited July 2023
    May have to buy some of this GQHIX eventually. Continues to perform well within my risk toerance since inception. 2023 struggling. TDA/Schwab merger.....Schwab carries this at reasonable min. Question: Anyone know the ticker of the Vontobel EM fund he managed mid 90's?
    Recent podcast : https://gqgpartners.com/insights/podcast-goldman-sachs-exchanges-great-investors
  • edited July 2023

May have to buy some of this GQHIX eventually. Continues to perform well within my risk toerance since inception. 2023 struggling. TDA/Schwab merger.....Schwab carries this at reasonable min.
    Question: Anyone know the ticker of the Vontobel EM fund he managed mid 90's?
    [snip]

Rajiv Jain started managing Vontobel Fund - Emerging Markets Equity Fund in 1997.
    I didn't find a US ticker since the fund is domiciled in Luxembourg.
  • edited July 2023