Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Devesh Shah's April commentary

Ben
edited April 2022 in Fund Discussions
I found two oddities in Devesh Shah's April commentary. A passive vs active poll is mentioned twice but I cannot find it. I am using Safari as a web browser. There is a big blank space above the charts at the bottom. Perhaps that is where the poll is supposed to be (?). I tried viewing the poll using Firefox. I got a smaller blank space and then this message below it:
Firefox Can’t Open This Page

To protect your security, accounts.google.com will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it. To see this page, you need to open it in a new window.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

And when I click to Open In A New Window I am taken to another window where I am asked to sign in to a mysterious Google account of some sort.

Something is amiss.

Also there was a puzzling comment that a certain active fund which has yearly taxed distributions might work in a tax deferred account. OK. But surely it would work well in a Roth IRA account, especially one that was set up early in history of Roth IRAs. I don't see the downside of investing in a well-performing active mutual fund that is never going to create a taxable distribution. Am I missing something ?

Comments

• The poll problem is not Devesh's. I screwed something up in the setup but can't figure out what, and Chip is in Chicago on conference. My current plan is to wait for her return and, if we can fix the error, I will resend the link to the poll by mass email.

(sigh)
  • The poll problem is not Devesh's. I screwed something up in the setup but can't figure out what, and Chip is in Chicago on conference. My current plan is to wait for her return and, if we can fix the error, I will resend the link to the poll by mass email.

(sigh)

Thanks!

• @Ben: I think the term « tax advantaged » would have been more precise as it covers all types of retirement savings instruments, including both common forms of the IRA.