Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

CGDV

It's still very early, but this one has a chance. It's trading well first few weeks. Concentrated portfolio. 9% international equity. Inception 2/22/2022. Based on top 10 holdings, I guesstimate 2-2.20% dividend. On my watch list...we will know in the fullness of time. Value in the name but M* showing only 28%.

Comments

• SCHD, CDC, COWZ, CGDV all Large Cap Value ETF's with interestingly few similar top equity holdings. Watch list & let them battle it out. No commissions to purchase or DCA. CDC has a timing element. COWZ higher SD, MD. Not a recommendation.
  • CGDV still holding up well on watch list.
  • I am likely starting a position in CGDV and CGGO sometime soon as well. Been tracking it for the past year and am a general fan of Capital Group's style.
  • edited May 2023
    Thanks to you guys bringing these ETFs to my attention, I started positions in each a couple weeks ago and have limit orders in to buy more if they fall back a little in price.
  • Low-cost active Capital Group ETF CGDV (newer, 02/2022- ) is more div-growth (e.g. VIG, etc) than current-div (VYM, SCHD, etc). The latter have been hurt by higher exposures to financials in this regional banking crisis.
  • You are right, @MikeM. @shipwreckedandalone started a thread on CGDV in March 2022 and @yogibullbear linked the announcement of the Capital Group new ETFs that same month. @rforno expanded the discussion this year. Thanks to all.