Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

BIVIX

2»

Comments

• The fund has a soft close. Exceptions are listed in document --> https://www.invenomic.com/_files/ugd/8592d8_a1ac66bac0af4f1fa27aa3aa0577f808.pdf
  • edited October 2022
    Thanks, @staycalm.

M* could be wrong but it shows "Open" Status.

For those interested to dig into the fund details, the monthly commentary and other resources (incl archive of commentary) are listed on the right hand side about mid point on their home page.

The fact sheet says the fund's typical exposure is 20-80% net long. I checked out quite a few months in each year, and I do not recall the fund ever going above 30% net long and has generally stayed within 20-30% net long. I think in June 2020, the fund was 10% net long. One has to figure out the suitability of entering into this fund at a particular time and whether one is capable of holding the fund when it underperforms the market. For me, given its 20-30% net long position, if the fund can perform against a conservative allocation fund (e.g., VWINX) over whatever time frame one chooses to compare, then the fund is acceptable.
    I have never invested in a long-short fund as I was always apprehensive of potential for whipsaws in the fund portfolio, but I think I can get behind this fund. I added it to my watch list.

Hopefully, you guys talk about it often or will mention in the Buy, Sell thread when you transact in it so we can follow it.