Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

find a salt shaker before checking your funds' TTM returns

Because the bear hit bottom just about 12 months ago, the TTM returns are crazy. Across the entire investment universe, the average TTM return as of today is 68%. A quick check shows 150+ one-star funds that have returned more than that. 50 funds - from Bridgeway Ultra Small to Cannabis Growth - have clocked in at over 200% returns in the period.

David

Comments

• edited March 2021

Yep - Noticed that a couple days ago when I looked at Price’s Media and Telecom, PRMTX, +77% as of today. Their Blue Chip fund, TRBCX, is sporting a similar one-year gain.
  • We need those number, @David_Snowball, because we all bought those funds at the very bottom…
  • Here's the list again..........so, check the 52W % change column (click to sort the column) for a quick and dirty view of some numbers from around the globe and select sectors.
    Congratulations to those who went all in at the bottom, one year ago.:)
  • edited March 2021
    I own three funds (VTMSX, VWILX, IVOO) which returned between 101% and 115% over the past 12 months.
    I don't expect a repeat performance anytime soon!