Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

spineless

No conviction. 57-43.
The Repugnant Party members who demonstrated that they might still possess a spine:
Collins, Murkowski, Romney, Cassidy, Toomey, Burr, Sasse.

Comments

• Yep. I wonder if it would've been different if there had been a secret ballot? The only option now is the 14th Amendment I guess on the federal level: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/535467-democrats-float-14th-amendment-to-bar-trump-from-office
    There are also state prosecutions.
  • "I wonder if it would've been different if there had been a secret ballot? "

Yes, absolutely. Those forty-three Republicans sold their souls to keep their jobs. Not many of them could find honest employment elsewhere.
  • That is for sure. They are public servants to the U. S. Constitution, not to that corrupted party and former president.
  • edited February 2021
    Old_Joe said:

Yes, absolutely. Those forty-three Republicans sold their souls to keep their jobs. Not many of them could find honest employment elsewhere.

I thought about this yesterday when I heard the inevitable and saw my Southern raised family lament the waste of time and money that the "rambling, exhausting", "doesn't even understand constitutional republics" Raskin wasted with this obviously ill-conceived trial.

And, as an ex-DOD civilian, I kept thinking that these are the very people who decide on things like war - sending men and women willing to die for this country and these bastards are worried about their jobs?????? There is no greater cowardice than when you want the power to send someone else in defense of your country and won't risk anything yourself.
  • +1 Ex-DOD civilian as well (DFAS) Chickenhawks in charge-unfortunately !