Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The biggest and ultimate Trump Lie

edited December 2020 in Off-Topic

Pfizer Says Millions Of Vaccine Doses Are Ready, But States Say Shipments Were Cut
Pfizer is pushing back on the Trump administration's suggestion that the company is having trouble producing its COVID-19 vaccine, saying it's ready to ship millions more doses – once the government asks for them. As the company spoke out, several states said their vaccine allocations for next week have been sharply reduced.

Here's what the key players are saying about a complicated situation:

➡ What Pfizer says

"Pfizer is not having any production issues with our COVID-19 vaccine, and no shipments containing the vaccine are on hold or delayed," CEO Albert Bourla said via Twitter. His company says it has completed every shipment the U.S. government has requested.

➡ What the states say

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has told his state that its vaccine allocation "will be cut by 40 percent next week — and that all states are seeing similar cuts." The federal government did not give an explanation, he said.

Other states reporting sizable drops in their vaccine shipments include Michigan, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire and Indiana, The Associated Press reported.

➡ What the U.S. government says

Azar spoke about supplies of Pfizer's vaccine on Wednesday, responding to a reporter's request for an update on negotiations to get more doses.

"The core issue ... is Pfizer's ability to manufacture by a date certain," Azar said. "Now that they have identified some of their production challenges that they've got, we've been working with them on what assistance is appropriate for us to provide in order for us to secure additional doses."

LIES, LIES, and MORE LIES ... RIGHT TO THE BITTER END

Link to NPR article

Comments

• Always makes me wonder who's pockets are getting lined. Loeffler & Perdue?
  • Nothing worse than a LIE. Their very existence is a LIE. Motherlovers.
  • @OJ - I'll see your biggest and ultimate lie and raise you a bunch.

In today's edition of Letters From an American written by Heather Cox Richardson (AND I highly encourage you to subscribe to her email list) she writes:

"A year ago today, the House of Representatives voted to impeach President Donald J. Trump on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

In his plea to Senators to convict the president, Adam Schiff (D-CA), the lead impeachment manager for the House, warned “you know you can’t trust this president to do what’s right for this country.” Schiff asked: “How much damage can Donald Trump do between now and the next election?” and then answered his own question: “A lot. A lot of damage.” “Can you have the least bit of confidence that Donald Trump will… protect our national interest over his own personal interest?” Schiff asked the senators who were about to vote on Trump’s guilt. “You know you can’t, which makes him dangerous to this country.’’

Republicans took offense at Schiff’s passionate words, seeing them as criticism of themselves. They voted to acquit Trump of the charges the House had levied against him.

And a year later, here we are. A pandemic has killed more than 312,000 of us, and numbers of infections and deaths are spiking. Today we hit a new single-day record of reported coronavirus cases with 246,914, our third daily record in a row. The economy is in shambles, with more than 6 million Americans applying for unemployment benefits. And the government has been hobbled by a massive hack from foreign operatives, likely Russians, who have hit many of our key departments."

There is so much more in this particular letter but I don't feel right copying it all to post here. Check it and her out.
  • Right you are.
  • edited December 2020
    @Mark- Thanks much for that lead to Heather Cox Richardson. Was unaware of her. Very impressive.

Access via Bill Moyers opens other interesting info also.
  • @OJ - you're quite welcome. I too like the Bill Moyers connection. She does a great job and a great service.
  • @Mark,

Thanks for mentioning Heather Cox Richardson.
    I just read several of her informative blog posts and then subscribed to 'Letters from an American'.

• me, too.......... "Biggest Lie." Back to the title of the thread.... And now, the news breaks of the cyber-hack. And the tRumpster stays silent about it. Until he opened his mouth, and DISSEMBLED about it. Shit. Russian asset, as if there were any mystery about it anymore. Maybe uncle Vladimir will arrange to poison him?
  • "Maybe uncle Vladimir will arrange to poison him?"

It would certainly be a well-deserved "reward".