Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Having watched Sputnik orbit the globe in the way back days.....now SpaceX

For you @Mark , et al, the global community needing a high speed connection.

I/we would lay on the ground on a warm summer night(s) in rural Michigan and see Sputnik travel in orbit. Totally amazing at the time. Ten years later I found myself trained and working in the amazing world of electronics. I still amaze at the "new" stuff; although way past my skill sets. I never take for granted how many functions my pc is performing to connect to MFO, write some text, place a link from wherever; that allows you all to travel with me, if you desire.
This is not new news, but.....
The link pages below are very brief, but at the bottom of the page is a section named, "Less mass, more compact". Read each small section by clicking the right arrow. I suppose I was most fascinated by the word; krypton. My past thoughts for this word always took me to Superman, etc.; but, not now. Some really smart folks playing with electrons and mechanical things, eh???
NOTE: this is not intended to be a complete overview of this project. Lots of in depth to discover, if you choose.

Starlight,SpaceX

Regards,
Catch

Comments