Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

OSTRX BOND FUND

I want to buy a low risk bond fund for a taxable account. I already own wcpnx in a taxable account. but now I want to add another bond fund with a little less risk. Would OSTRX be a good fund to buy?

Comments

• edited December 2020
    OSTRX has been a nice steady-eddy in its short life. Held up well earlier this year. Newer (only $200M in Net Assets) fund means its nimble, which is nice for a vehicle that has some latitude in choosing what types of debt it can invest in.

I do hate the Transaction fee that Osterweis always has attached to their funds at most brokerages. Kind of annoying.

I've been using SMASX for my short-term bond fund needs (even lower risk, but lower reward). OSTRX is classified as non-traditional and WCPNX is an intermediate Core-plus bond fund, so not apples to apples. ANBEX has outperformed (intermediate Core-plus), might be worth a look.
  • I like MWTRX in the "safe" space. A bit more risk than OSTRX but worth it IMO.