Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

wcpnx bond fund

im looking for a low risk bond fund to invest money in. would wcpnx be a good fund? im not looking for big returns but i want low risk. this money will be coming out of a savings account.

Comments

• thank you - i will
  • Core-plus is not, strictly speaking, CORE. You want conservative. Understood. The chart (performance) looks damn good. But in-category, it doesn't compare well. Nowhere near the top of its peer-group (Morningstar's percentile groupings.) But who knows, it could be matched to an inappropriate bunch of "peers" for their statistical purposes. Monthly income distributions are certainly healthy, consistent with a core-plus or multi-asset bond fund. An alternative that comes to mind is DODIX, but the monthlies are nowhere near what WCPNX is spinning-off. And DODIX pays QUARTERLY. I've not looked at the portfolio on WCPNX. That should reveal a lot.