Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

David Koch Obituaries

Readers of the NY Times and WSJ will no doubt have seen the obituaries of David Koch. I don't want to add links non-subscribers might find useless. Reading the two articles this morning I reaffirmed my belief that I read these two papers daily because I want to know what "the other side" is saying and doing. Suffice it to say that the WSJ piece, which of course could not compete with the Times' incredible obituary research trove, is a white wash. Both papers highlight Koch's career as a basketball star at MIT, but the New Republic may have provided in 2013 the most fascinating glimpse into his career.

https://newrepublic.com/article/114135/david-and-william-koch-mit-basketball-players

This priceless comment is part of that article: “I played basketball when you could be white and good,” he once said. Quite a life lived, no matter what posterity may think.