Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

John Dessauer Investments, Inc.

market review and update as of Wednesday August 14, 2019
I opened my computer last Wednesday and found this scary article: “The Dow Plunges 500

https://johndessauerinvestments.com/weekly-hotline

Comments

• @Gary: run from this guy. I won't bore you with the tale of a disastrous stock (CK Pokphand) he promoted in the 90's. It was a tough lesson for me.
  • @BenWP: Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I have no direct dealings just consume his weekly hotline on occasion since 2010.

Thanks

Makes animal feed among other things??
    C.P. Pokphand Co. Ltd. ("CPP" or the "Company") is an investment holding company incorporated in Bermuda. Since 1988, the Company has been listed on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited under stock code 43. CPP and its subsidiaries (the "Group") is a leading agri-food conglomerate in China and Vietnam.
  • edited August 2019
    My memory might not be perfect, but I recall that when Dessauer pushed the stock, it was a Thai food distribution company. I think the shares were listed on a US exchange, probably the pink sheets, because I’m sure I’ve never bought a stock on a foreign exchange. The Asian currency crisis of 1997 took the bloom off EM shares for a while.
  • Memories flooding back. John Dessauer shilled for Countrywide Credit and a large part of the rationale he provided his subscribers was that Angelo Mozzillo was a wonderful CEO in whom Dessauer had the greatest confidence. Ouch!
  • Countrywide Credit !! Jeeze...