Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ping Bee

Are you there brother? Haven't heard from you since March 2017. Are you well?
God bless
the Pudd

Comments

• @Puddnhead: Try buzzing Bee !
    Derf
  • beebee
    edited March 2019
    @Puddnhead...Thanks for the shout out. I've been more of a reader and the a writer recently here. Thanks to many new and old contributors I continue to enjoy visiting and reading MFO's threads.

What's working for you these days?

Sometimes good investing requires nothing more than leaving things alone.

My newest challenge is formulating a Cash/Bond bucket that will serve as a retirement income funding source for yearly withdrawal as I turn 59.5 next month.
  • @bee.. Hi sir what is your top five holding vehicles if you don't mind sharing.. Thx kind regards
  • My newest challenge is formulating a Cash/Bond bucket that will serve as a retirement income funding source for yearly withdrawal as I turn 59.5 next month
    I'd be very interested in what you come up with @bee. I know you research very well.
  • edited March 2019
    @Bee: Nice to hear from you. Please, stop by more often. I miss reading your comments and your thinking. Skeet
  • Hi bee, High Pudd from what I gather you both been busy watching paint dry. Ha Ha
  • edited March 2019
    Gary said:

Hi bee, High Pudd from what I gather you both been busy watching paint dry. Ha Ha

That signifies - @bee and the Pudd have finally attained the “perfect & optimum” portfolio positioning.

(The rest of us should be so fortunate.) :)
  • Hi Gary,
    Yeah, sometimes one after many longnecks must touch the paint, it seems, and while up make a potty run....lol.

Hank:
    Yes, I'm in the zone.

Bee:
    Do not fade away..........the winter's cold enough, brother.
    God bless
    the Pudd
  • edited March 2019
    Puddnhead said:

”Bee: Do not fade away..........the winter's cold enough, brother.”

“Do not go gentle into that good night ... Rage, rage against the dying of the light.”
  • "brother", "sir"??? bee is a woman, correct? Or do I hold the misconception over the past 10 or 12 years?
  • edited March 2019
    @MikeM - The Pudd has it correct. I was confused once as well. Now I remember by thinking of boxing great Cassius Clay (later Muhammad Ali) who knocked out long time heavyweight champ Sonny Liston in an upset in 1964.

“Just before entering the ring, Clay said what would become one of his most famous quotes, and a phrase used to define his fighting style: ‘Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see.’

https://www.bustle.com/articles/164846-the-origin-of-float-like-a-butterfly-sting-like-a-bee-proved-muhammad-alis-greatness-early
  • Hi Hank,
    Great post! While the first line is the most common, the latter is the most prophetic. Why? One word......stealth.
    God bless
    the Pudd