Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

huh and hmm, from ~3p on today, google has DJIA around 200 points higher than what it is

up 460 instead of 280

Comments

• Fidelity shows 336
  • As an internet developer once remarked- "The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from".
  • go to google.com and just type djia and hit return

never seen this before, like two days glommed into one or something
  • @MFO Members: With the recent spike in volatility, an up or down number is meaningless before the market closes for the day.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • this IS the close, numbnuts

Market Summary > Dow Jones Industrial Average

INDEXDJX: .DJI

24,706.35 +499.19 (2.06%)
  • Where is the bear
  • Attention to detail please! The Dow was never up anywhere near 499 points today, You got the close right at 24706.35 but the +499 points is from the Wednesday close.
  • Fake news - DJIA

Possible news - numnuts

What ever printed - I'll take it for a good week!!

Gary
  • Junkster said:

Attention to detail please! The Dow was never up anywhere near 499 points today, You got the close right at 24706.35 but the +499 points is from the Wednesday close.

Right. So why was the djia data feed for google combining two days? It says it's for today, one day. I mean, do it again, put in djia at google.com. Then do it at yahoo.com.

A first.

What kind of 'attention to detail' were you thinking of?
  • edited January 2019

Junkster said:

Attention to detail please! The Dow was never up anywhere near 499 points today, You got the close right at 24706.35 but the +499 points is from the Wednesday close.

Right. So why was the djia data feed for google combining two days? It says it's for today, one day. I mean, do it again, put in djia at google.com. Then do it at yahoo.com.

A first.

What kind of 'attention to detail' were you thinking of?
    Obviously you don’t monitor the markets intraday. Nothing wrong with that. I would guess the vast majority here don’t either.

• Of course I did, and do. And over the entire last 90min-plus, moment to moment and finally at the end of the session, the google data for djia was 150-250 points higher than reality. Period. Thought it was weird, and in my experience unique (online since like 1996 and tracking before that through other means), and so I posted. Alas.
  • davidmoran: You won't believe this, but this hurts me more than you. You had this coming, take it like a man.
    Regards,
    Ted:(:(:(
  • Obviously you don’t monitor the markets intraday.
    Of course I did, and do.
    Hmmm, this may be the real question. Why? As far as I know you aren't a day trader, right?

Love that one @Ted.
  • Oh, Ted, you did not read what the reality was, or could not comprehend your error. I bet you are a great spanker, though!