Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Cramer says bear market in stocks ended Christmas Eve

edited January 2019 in Off-Topic
"We came through a bear market," Cramer said on "Squawk on the Street," shortly after the S&P 500 opened lower. "I think people are still oblivious that the bear market ended on that horrible half-day" Dec. 24 session.

(Umm ... He might be right. But don’t bet the ranch on it.)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/14/cramer-says-the-bear-market-ended-on-christmas-eve.html

Comments

• Think I read somewhere that Cramer has been right about 46% of the time. So, better off flipping a coin.
  • edited January 2019
    Wonder why he hasn't noticed (or read or heard, since it's not exactly a secret) that U.S. equity's on the verge of hitting possibly strong resistance ~ 2650 or so on the S&P. If prices breach that level, he'd have a better case.
  • @MFO Members: JoeD is correct he is right about 47% of the time.
    REgards,
    Ted
    Jim Cramer Deconstructed:
    https://www.cxoadvisory.com/2809/individual-gurus/jim-cramer/
  • edited January 2019
    Cramer must be a fan of Marty Zweig as he would certainly agree that it is a new bull market. And the most hated market out there - junk bonds - is but 1.5% from all time historic highs. And all amid a government shutdown that shows no signs of ending and is impacting the economy more and more as each day goes by. Just goes to show that trading and investing is counterintuitive. Logic simply doesn’t work.
  • AndyJ said:

Wonder why he hasn't noticed (or read or heard, since it's not exactly a secret) that U.S. equity's on the verge of hitting possibly strong resistance ~ 2650 or so on the S&P. If prices breach that level, he'd have a better case.

"Resistance" get all that technical mumbo jumbo out of here. That's fake analysis.
  • It probably was the bottom because I moved a chunk of retirement assets to cash that day and missed the 1000-point rocket.
  • edited January 2019
    BenWP said:

It probably was the bottom because I moved a chunk of retirement assets to cash that day and missed the 1000-point rocket.

@BenWP, Don’t feel too bad. OAKBX has also been on a tear this year after I bailed out late last year. I suppose the long suffering holders of that fund should thank me for single-handedy turning it around. .:)
  • JoJo26 said:

AndyJ said:

"Resistance" get all that technical mumbo jumbo out of here. That's fake analysis.
    JoJo's the best argument ever for an ignore feature. Luckily there is one at M*.