Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

If I lied at my work place, especially about an issue of consequence; I would have been fired....

....on the spot. No labor attorney could have saved my sorry arse.

How is it, that a U.S. president is able to lie to the entire public world in real time without consequence.
No wonder our country and its moral standards continue to go down the rat hole.
You and yours better continue to set a high bar with the young ones in your realm as to what is proper, moral and ethical behavior.

--- A snip from the below linked: "But the White House has now backpedaled, acknowledging there was no deal in place to roll back automotive tariffs. Trump himself on Tuesday tweeted there "probably will" be a trade deal to follow the dinner meeting, even as he declared himself "a Tariff Man." He might actually ramp up the trade dispute with the world's largest automotive market if there isn't a broader agreement within 90 days."

Hopes were buoyed when Trump told reporters in Argentina that he had reached an "incredible" deal with Xi, and followed by a tweet saying, "China has agreed to reduce and remove tariffs on cars coming into China from the U.S. Currently the tariff is 40%." ---

Outright lie, correct ???

I'm sad for the plight of my country.......and the children of my family;

and would be embarrassed, let alone somewhat afraid traveling to some allied countries today, they knowing I'm an American.
Good Night.

Comments

• @MFO Members: Catch22 said. "I'm sad for the plight of my country.......and the children of my family; and would be embarrassed, let alone somewhat afraid traveling to some allied countries today, they knowing I'm an American."

Come on Catch, lets stop with the hand ringing and righteous indignation, in spite of its faults American is still the greatest country in the world. Just ask those gathering at our southern border trying to get in.
    Regards,
    Ted :(:(:(
  • agree with Ted 100%
  • edited December 2018
    I wonder if trump dies later will they give him the same deals as they did to Bush41.... I remember vaguely in hs that he was one of worst president ever, press personnel hated him and always bashed him on newspapers, was let go for savy Clinton after 4 yrs... But now he is better than man made bread.

Even bush43 is now 10000x better than trump in the press eyes lol
  • criticism leads automatically to patriotism, must be the definition of reactionary
  • I agree with Catch 100% This observation is almost a verbatim quote from our dinner table. We also would be embarrassed traveling to any other country today, with them knowing that we're American.
  • @MFO Members: Birds of a feather flock together !
    Regards,
    Ted:(
  • Ted, there is little doubt that the US is a great country but there is also little doubt that we have lost a lot of stature and tarnished our global image with the advent of that embarrassing talking orange on the scene. One previous dignity as a nation, our image and our credibility have taken quite a beating and it will take a lot of effort to get it back. Our word used to mean something. Not so much anymore. He's made a mockery of all the things I thought my military service stood for not to mention his despicable treatment of my fellow brothers and sisters who made the ultimate sacrifice. We have a right to our indignation.
  • TedTed
    edited December 2018
    @Mark: President's come and go, while America has, is and always wii be the greatest country in the world.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited December 2018
    Re-read my post Mr. Obvious
  • "He's made a mockery of all the things I thought my military service stood for"
    @Mark- Exactly.
  • Howdy folks,

Ted, whilst you may agree with this or that policy decision of the Donald, the simple fact is that you're backing an asshole. He's an embarrassment to any American that can see the emperor has no clothes. I'm f'cking ashamed and damnit, I've been serving my country officially for over 50 gd years. So let's not equivocate about how great America is. Hell, it's like your kid sister just took on the football team with glee. She's still your kid sister and you still lover her, but geez . . .she's just not the same little girl.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono
  • +1. TRUTH.
  • @Ted: I'm quite happy to be one of the "birds of a feather". The company is excellent, thank you.