Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why NASA’s Next Rockets Might Say “Budweiser” on the Side

edited September 2018 in Off-Topic
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine has directed the space agency to look at boosting its brand by selling naming rights to rockets and spacecraft and allowing its astronauts to appear in commercials and on cereal boxes, as if they were celebrity athletes. ...

“While socializing on Mars might be in the near-distant future, Budweiser is taking steps now to better understand how its ingredients react in microgravity environments so that when we get to Mars, Budweiser will be there,” it said in a press release.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/09/10/why-nasas-next-rockers-might-say-budweiser-side/?utm_term=.1665977c4e04

Later edit: I wouldn’t walk across the street for a Budweiser - let alone travel to Mars for one. There are many better, if a bit more expensive, brews.

Comments

• There is no end to the shamelessness. The moon landing was a GOV'T project, funded by us all. It was accomplished, and not without loss of life. Expensive, but look at the knowledge gained. As opposed to PROFIT gained. If money is the highest and most valuable consideration, then it only stands to reason that Budweiser is responding to the prospect--- while our society is being hollowed-out from within. "With enough beer and football, the people were easy enough to control." ---George Orwell, 1984.
  • edited September 2018
    Crash said:

The moon landing was a GOV'T project, funded by us all. It was accomplished.

@Crash - Not so fast there. Might have been fake.

SACRAMENTO, Calif.—Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said today he believes the moon landing in 1969 was real but “many people” believe the whole thing was orchestrated by the federal government to impress the world and scare the Soviets. “I’m not saying I believe that, but many people have questions about it,” Trump said at a campaign appearance here. “There are people who know about these things who say they saw the interior of a warehouse in Los Angeles converted to look like the surface of the moon, complete with fine dust and craters and the whole thing. Lot of tinfoil lying around. Did NASA hire a Hollywood crew to distract us from Vietnam? I don’t know.”

https://thenatteringnabobs.com/2016/06/02/trump-people-say-north-korea-is-a-hoax-moon-landing-was-faked-reagan-was-murdered/
  • My god. The man is totally unstable.
  • edited September 2018
    Just more fuel for the fire. The Trumpster is..... Sorry, I can't think of a NEW negative adjective. They've all been taken and employed. We are so screwed. Uncle Bill Mahar is quick to point out that we get the leaders we deserve. Ya. But wait: It was Hillary that won the popular vote. So... WHEN are we going to get around to getting rid of the Electoral College? Never. Because it serves to give disproportional weight to mostly rural, less populated, fly-over Red States. And the fundamentalist (and therefore intellectually challenged) South.
  • edited September 2018
    By the way, I looked a bit closer: "This is a work of satire. It is a fictional news article not meant to be taken seriously." That's in the fine print below the content of the article linked here:
    https://thenatteringnabobs.com/2016/06/02/trump-people-say-north-korea-is-a-hoax-moon-landing-was-faked-reagan-was-murdered/
    But there is still no redeeming the monstrously impaired Trumpster.
  • The really sad thing is that a "work of satire" has now become indistinguishable from reality. (Although, on some days I have to wonder if there is even such a thing as "reality" any more.)
  • edited September 2018
    Thanks @Crash -

I wondered if it was intended as satire. Didn’t see the same reference you did. Don’t have the time to search, but do recall both his assertion that Ted Cruz’s father was involved in a conspiracy to assassanate JFK and another that Judge Scalia might have been murdered (suffocated with a pillow) as part of a liberal conspiracy to remove him from the SC - although the coronor’s report had already determined he died of natural causes. So it sounded perfectly normal for the man to me.

But I do apologize for not noting that this is satire. As OJ says ... hard to tell the difference.
  • edited September 2018
    Old_Joe said:

The really sad thing is that a "work of satire" has now become indistinguishable from reality. (Although, on some days I have to wonder if there is even such a thing as "reality" any more.)

Totally in agreement. @hank @Old_Joe.