Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Large corrections ahead on !? Stock Markets a Bomb Waiting to Go Off – Gregory Mannarino

Comments

• edited July 2018
    What day? Should I be buying gold or bitcoin? I'm so confused.
  • edited July 2018
    Thank you John. However, you failed to cite the best part:

Mannarino expects war to come into play. Mannarino predicts, “This is going to lead to another world war. . . . I have said this many times, and that is this has the potential to be Biblical. It will be a worldwide event or a correction to fair value is really what it is. We might be seeing the opening salvos already. Governments around the world are building up their militaries just like the U.S. . . . We are unfortunately going to clear this out and lose a large percent of the world population through this financial correction and war. We will rebuild, but the world will not be what we are seeing now.”

@JohnN - . What is your opinion on this? Have you sold off your stock holdings in anticipation of a market crash or world war?

@Mark - Radiation gear
  • @johnN
    Okay, so now what with your portfolio?
    You told us a few days ago that you are 70/30 and will move to 100% if there is a correction and I presume a buy point. Does this still apply?
  • edited July 2018
    Still about 80-20 w 401k distributions and bought more stocks real-estate reits previously w private equities portfolio... I Still have least 20 yrs until retirement so taking the lazy portfolio approaches... We are overdue for a large15s%correction so nothing surprises me anymore . Did place trade on O and another oil preferred stocks last week
  • My brother does state wd may have another real estate crash but don't know when maybe 24 months?! May save more cash and put $$"down for a rental real-estate
  • @johnN - are you aware of how O and preferred shares faired during the last correction of 2008-9? If so then I don't understand why you would buy those given the coming large correction. Moreover, if a large correction is imminent why aren't you just preserving cash? it's not my money but I am curious about your rationale.
  • edited July 2018
    Hi Sir- Mark. Have very small portion play money on O.. Was looking at O for very long time past few yrs but never buy it.. I was very under weigh in real-estate eft and stocks so finally pulled trigger when went down recentlys. May put short stop lost on it tomorrow

For cash - I used safe individual aaa muni or safe Aa+ bonds as cash portions. Currently don't have a true cash portions at all,probably 5%. I am not very good w playing market timing so probably best leave it indexes and some in TRP funds at 401k