Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Trump Deserves A Nobel Peace Prize

124»

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Wow. How eloquent. Lol.
  • edited June 2018
    "It sure looks like Trump is lying about his agreement with Kim Jong Un"

"President Donald Trump either doesn’t know what he agreed to with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un last week or he’s lying about it."

"It’s not surprising that something Trump said turned out to be false. But it’s very troubling if he is actually unaware of what he and Kim shook hands on."

Link to the Vox article.
  • I say we kill this thread right now and retire it to the farthest corner of the archives--- simply based on the title given to this thread. Particularly after a year and a half of woeful and callous and putrid, ignorant arrogance, the Trumpster--- who did not win the popular vote--- needs to resign before he does anymore damage. What a fool. What a schmuck. When will we ever get rid of the infernal Electoral College? It is a counterproductive anachronism. It probably NEVER served a worthy purpose in the first place.
  • "kill this thread right now... simply based on the title given to this thread"

Second your motion!
  • Maybe give him the aware posthumously, give it to him now, He's liable to get a big head !!
  • Howdy Mo,

Stirring up the natives again, huh?

Just to label myself, I do not like Trump in any way shape or form.

That said, I'm still in favor of putting his face on the $10 bill . . . if he earns it for all Americans.

Alas and alack, would that it were the case.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

• He can't resign yet, he has so much more good work to do.
  • Who here can make the case that Trump is "Peaceful" and therefore deserving of the Nobel?

If someone held a gun to your head and forced you to do something, would that be peaceful? I am not saying that I do not wonder if Trump's "mad dog" tactics were not what was needed to bring KJW to the negotiating table. but there was nothing "peaceful" about it.

Is this really how America should mange it's foreign policy? With threats, slurs, slanders, and insults?

I am ashamed that the America I love and support, that stands for freedom, equality of opportunity, and justice, and that was Made Great by immigrants ( not Trump) from hundreds of countries whose descendants ( myself included) have made themselves a better life and enriched their children and their adopted country in the process, is now lead by a man who sees nothing wrong with "grabbing woman by their P....", allowing his children to enrich themselves while claiming to be public servants, and whose method of politics is slander, distortion, and falsehood.

Ask yourself... Is America a better place in the last two years? Is it happier? Do our citizens feel more connected to our common good?

While he was a flawed human being, I keep coming back to JFK's "Ask not what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country" Nowhere in the White House is there anyone with a shred of interest in supporting, much less meeting that standard. These people are only out to enrich themselves, sow division and falsehoods and play to the worse angels of our nature.

America and it's ideals and values are far far better than this
  • edited June 2018
    sma3 said:

“... the America I love and support, that stands for freedom, equality of opportunity, and justice, and that was Made Great by immigrants ( not Trump) from hundreds of countries ...”

Not to quarrel with the overall sentiment here. But do not dismiss Trump completely. His mother and two of his three wives were / are immigrants from other countries.
  • Yes I know that. His mother, a young woman without any skills, would have been rejected with the policies he now supports, unless he can implement a “whites only.. no hispanics”. Mom would get through
  • Current Article from The Wall Street Journal:

North Korea Is Rapidly Upgrading Nuclear Site Despite Summit Vow

"The satellite pictures, captured on June 21, nine days after the Singapore summit meeting between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, showed no immediate effort to begin denuclearization at North Korea’s key nuclear research site."

Yes- give that man a Nobel prize for sheer stupidity.