Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Tariffs Won't Make America Great Again

Comments

• Hi @Mark
    Thank you for the article link.

>>>Tis my understanding that this song lyric is trending for searches. One, I suppose; may plug-in their own interpretation and alignments to an individual(s).
    From 1971, Elton John and Bernie Taupin:

"Madman Across The Water"

I can see very well
    There's a boat on the reef with a broken back
    And I can see it very well
    There's a joke and I know it very well
    It's one of those that I told you long ago
    Take my word I'm a madman don't you know

Once a fool had a good part in the play
    If it's so would I still be here today
    It's quite peculiar in a funny sort of way
    They think it's very funny everything I say
    Get a load of him, he's so insane
    You better get your coat dear
    It looks like rain

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well Maurice I was trying to leave politics pretty much out of this discussion and I still am. Since you stated that the article was "totally naive and non-sensible article by SeekingAlpha" please state your reasons why rather than saying that some candidate from another party was for renegotiations also. A couple of points here, 1) the article wasn't by SeekingAlpha it was just posted there. 2) wanting to renegotiate trade agreements and imposing tariffs seem like two different things to me. I'll be the first to admit that I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to economic policies but I fail to see the similarity between renegotiation and tariffs.

I personally don't care which party or individual is for or against the tariffs, I just want to know why they are a good idea/plan for the American people. Where do you find fault or idiocy with what Mr. Roche said? Can you do that and leave your political leanings out of it?