Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DoubleLine Strategic Commodity Fund Attracts 11th Month Of Inflows: (DBCMX)

FYI: The DoubleLine Strategic Commodity Fund attracted $58 million of net new cash in May, extending its streak of inflows for the past 11 months with more demand projected following a ratings boost from Morningstar Inc.

This week, Morningstar awarded the DoubleLine Strategic Commodity Fund, overseen by Jeffrey Sherman, five stars for its three-year risk-adjusted performance.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-funds-doubleline-flows/doubleline-strategic-commodity-fund-attracts-11th-month-of-inflows-idUSKCN1J42N6

M* Snapshot DBCMX:
http://www.morningstar.com/funds/xnas/dbcmx/quote.html

Comments

• edited June 2018
    I guess that can be said for some other commodity funds as well because that is when I started to build my current position in PCLAX.

M* Snapshot PCLAX ...
    http://www.morningstar.com/funds/xnas/pclax/quote.html

DBCMX min to invest 100K, YTD return 6.06%, 1 year retrun 27.13%, 3 year retrun 4.72% as of 6/8/18.

PCLAX min to invest 1K, YTD retrun 8.44%, 1 year retrun 31.49%, 3 year retrun 0.67% as of 6/8/18.

I my case ... It's what have you (the fund) done for me since I put my money to work just short of a year ago?
  • I own a smattering of DLCMX. The reason I don't own more - and am upset because of it - is because after move of my IRA to TDA, I stopped making trades. Have begun the process of moving our IRAs over to Schwab.
  • Gundlach said some ago that commodities would come back and he was right.
  • How is this even considered a commodity fund? Do they spend the day flipping futures or what?

So basically that seems to be the case. From the website:
    "The Fund will maintain a core long-commodity biased weighting while tactically allocating to the long-short dollar-neutral commodity strategy when a long-only strategy may not be as attractive. The long commodity positions are focused on commodities that have historically exhibited the highest degree of backwardation while the long-short strategy utilizes fundamental signals to determine its allocation."

Guess one needs to put a boatload of faith & trust in the manager(s). Not for the timid.

Also, for those who want it but can't afford the I-class shares the retail shares can be had for $2K and you can buy those I-shares for $5K in an IRA.
  • Schwab has a minimum of $100 for DLCMX ntf.
  • I have got to use backwardation soon in public
  • edited June 2018
    While searching for an example sentence for backward action (something funny, preferrably), I came across the world oleaginous :

The oleaginous Mike Pence, with his talent for toadyism and appetite for obsequiousness, could, Trump knew, become America’s most repulsive public figure.
    — George Will, The Washington Post, 9 May 2018 [they even share a similar tan...though Pence’s is less orange]

I know Will is a conservative.....but come on, this sentence contains “oleaginous,” “toadyism,” and a regular favorite of mine, “obsequiousness”! All it’s missing is “ubiquitous”